Show off how lyrically clever you are. iPod is on shuffle, here are the first lines from each of the first twenty-three songs I hear (unless they're immediately self-identifying.) Which ones do you know?
Good luck and happy hunting!
01) "Should time allow us to describe our prowess..."For We Are the King of the Boudoir - The Magnetic Fields by urte 02) "She took me off my guard with disappointment..."Nitemare Hippy Girl - Beck by enamour 03) "Sunbeam shine, mousy girl on the end pew..."Le Pastie De La Bourgeoisie - Belle & Sebastian by antarcticlust 04) "Do you not hear me anymore?"Battle Of Who Could Care Less - Ben Folds Five by antarcticlust 05) "She don't like her eggs all runny..."In Spite of Ourselves - John Prine by antarcticlust 06) "Tuna, rubber..."Marianne - Tori Amos by decemberthirty
07) "She said you'd given up..."
08) "I don't know just where I'm going, but I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can..."Heroin - Velvet Underground by atomic_goo 09) "Gold teeth and a curse for this town were all in my mouth."New Slang - The Shins by antarcticlust 10) "I can't help my feelings, I'll go out of my mind..."Hash Pipe - Weezer by punkybrister69 11) "Tell your boyfriend next time he around, to buy his own weed and don't wear my shit down..."Addicted - Amy Winehouse by maeghanne 12) "Neither the flowers on the hill or the moonlight on the sea have ever looked so blue..."12 Old Familiar Way - Of Montreal by urte 13) "When you climb to the top of the mountain, look out over the sea, think about the places perhaps, where a young man could be..."It Ain't Easy - David Bowie by tekelili 14) "I'm gonna fight 'em off..."Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes by matadin 15) "Lately I've been wishing i had one desire..."15 A Perfect Sonnet - Bright Eyes by emilyreplied
16) "Do I need? Destiny."
17) "This is the definition of my life..."Dry the Rain - The Beta Band by antarcticlust 18) "I call ye cabin neighbors, I call you once my friends..."The Avalanche - Sufjan Stevens by antarcticlust 19) "The rain it started tappin' on the window near my bed..."Bowl of Oranges - Bright Eyes by protodisco 20) "We sit and we sigh and nothing gets done..."Compliments - Bloc Party by urte 21) "I've been in and out of every honky tonk in town..."Mrs. Leroy Brown - Loretta Lynn by decemberthirty 22) "A heart that's full up like a landfill, a job that slowly kills you, bruises that won't heal..."No Surprises - Radiohead by protodisco
23) "New realities are conditions much to little for us to suffer..."